Tuesday, September 27

Crennel's Expectations are High

    "I'm shooting for the stars," Crennel said. "I'm not going to come out and say how many I think we can win, but I expect us to win, and I want to win. We're going to coach to win, and we're going to try to get them to play to win. That's why we're in this game."

This is really a key quote for the Browns this year. Much like the Indians came into this year saying they didn't want to hear a word about "rebuilding," Romeo Crennel is saying that being 1-2 isn't acceptable. This is the kind of attitude I expect the coach and his players to have. As a fan, though, I have the luxury of saying that it all looks and smells better than it has since the team got back in 1999. But no matter.

I will leave you with Romeo Crennel's other key quote from the story.

    "The only thing that we are is that we're 1-2. Until we win more than we lose, we're going to be losers."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home