Monday, October 24

Browns vs. Lions Game Summary

The Lions made the Browns look cowardly.  Get it?  Hahaha.  blech.


Well, the Browns lost with a complete inability to move the ball on offense. I have been calling for Reuben Droughns to get his shot for weeks now, and despite the fact that he had 100 yards on the ground, I still feel like they abandoned the run game in the second half.

When the Browns couldn't move the ball at all through the air, they kept trying late in the game. Why not hand it off two out of every three times? Sure it takes more time off the clock, but it is better than not scoring, which the Browns proved they can do with the greatest of ease.

Finally, as exciting as it was to watch Joshua Cribbs go 90 yards, I don't want the bulk of my team's scoring to come on special teams.

I don't know when the Charlie Frye era should begin in Cleveland, and I am not going to call for Dilfer to sit down just yet, but I am getting there. I think the offensive line is having difficulties in pass protection and that isn't Trent Dilfer's fault, but two of those interceptions yesterday were ugly for the QB. Against a Lions team which can't score either, the Browns had to take care of the ball, and Dilfer was a main culprit in not doing so.

1 Comments:

At 10/24/2005 11:08 AM, Blogger Kiddicus Maximus said...

i wasn't aware that was a game.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home