Tuesday, October 11

How Does That Taste?

I know it doesn't change the fact that the Cleveland Indians imploded in the last week and a half of the season. I know it doesn't make that failure any easier. I know that we Cleveland still hasn't won a world series since the 1940's.

But doesn't it feel good to see both the Yankees and Red Sox eat it in the first round of the playoffs?

The Yanks with almost $206 million in payroll

The Red Sox with over $121 million in payroll

Oh, and a message to all those out there who hate the Yankees but not the Red Sox, they might as well be the same team in my mind. In fact, you should probably hate the Red Sox more because the Yankees never stole any of our players.

Why do I think you should dislike the Red Sox even more than the Yankees? First of all, the Yankees didn't steal Manny Ramirez from us. Secondly, the Red Sox have even less home-grown talent as far as I can tell. Ortiz was from Minnesota. Ramirez from Cleveland. Damon from Oakland/KC. Schilling from Arizona.

You get the point. The Red Sox, although they want to be seen as something so much different than the Yankees, are really just the Evil Empire with less money.

1 Comments:

At 10/11/2005 12:05 PM, Blogger Kiddicus Maximus said...

I tend to disagree. I hate the yankees with much more passion than i hate the redsox. If i had to pick two teams to have a mid-air collision of their respective planes, those would be the two... but i'd root for more redsox players to make it out alive.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home